Key Account & Business Development Manager (m/f/d)
- Hermes Germany GmbH
- Hermes Zentrale Hamburg
- Work experience
Hermes Germany, based in Hamburg, is one of Germany’s leading logistics service providers and the partner of numerous online shops and multi-channel retailers domestically and abroad. Hermes Germany focuses on national and international parcel deliveries as well as on handling upstream flows of goods worldwide. Over 6,000 dedicated employees work for the logistics company in this country.
What is waiting for you:
- You support the development and extension of our international footprint with a focus on clients from outside Europe
- You make contact to new clients in our global target areas as well as following up international leads, tender and business requests
- In close exchange with our product and operations department, you prepare offers for new clients and subsequently convert those offers into new business
- You take part in the onboarding of new clients, and their transition into stable operation
- You will also be responsible for the account management of accounts in our department
- You lead the communication with our clients, and you liase with all necessary departments within the Hermes group to maintain and to grow our client’s portfolio
- You support the company goal to become the No 1 partner for companies in cross-border trade to/from Europe
What you should contribute:
- You have successfully completed business studies, ideally in the area of logistics/e-commerce/international trade; operational experience can be an additional asset
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years working experience in Key Accounting, Business development or Consulting with a focus on the international parcel/postal market
- You are a team player and you know how to find your way around in an international environment; ideally you have spent time abroad before
- As our company language is English, you have very good English skills both written and verbal. Additional language skills are welcome.
- German is not mandatory but will be an asset, as we belong to the German Hermes group.
- Besides having a strong goal and result orientation, you are known as a great communicator with strong perseverance
- You have excellent analytical skills and you convince with your systematic, independent and flexible way of working
- You strive for excellence, to always achieve the best results for your clients
What we offer you:
- Use of leading technologies and agile processes
- You will work for an award-winning employer whose corporate culture is characterised by dealing with each other openly and cooperatively
- Flexible working times, it is also possible to agree working from home
- Extensive further education opportunities
- Personal discounts on the entire Otto Group range
- Subsidy for the HVV-ProfiCard, JobRad, pension provision, a variety of sport and leisure offers and much more
- Discounted and varied choice of food in our modern staff restaurant
The Hermes Group offers a wide range of jobs with long-term prospects and challenges that change every day in a secure and forward-looking sector. Our working environment moves beyond national borders - we are an internationally active company and live a multi-cultural working atmosphere. We appreciate all people equally - regardless of sex, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
Logistics moves the world - help move it too!
Interested? Then take the first step and apply to us online now or find out more on our website.
- Melina Schmidt
- HR Manager
- Bardo Lehmann-Tolkmitt
- Head of International Parcel Solutions